Friday, May 29, 2009

6 weeks 5 days (DB)

Written on 5/1/09

Here goes my first pregnancy update!

Tentative Due Date: December 20, 2009

Doctors appointments:
On April 21st we had our first ultrasound. That was the point when we found out something was wrong during our first pregnancy so we were pretty nervous about this one. But as soon as the tech put the ultrasound wand in we could clearly see the sac. It was in the right place, and measuring right on schedule at 5 weeks and 3 days. But she told us that our next ultrasound would be the big one... the one where we should see a heartbeat.

April 28th was our second ultrasound. There it was... we could actually see our tiny little baby. And Baby Bishop's heart was beating. She/he measured at 6 weeks and 2 days. I asked the tech, "so once you see the heart beat, you're okay right?" And she said, "Last week you were about 50/50. Now you're about 97/98." And they told us that we should contact my regular OB/GYN and set up my first appointment with them for 3-4 weeks from then.

Upcoming appointments: Our last ultrasound at Dr. Morris' office is Tuesday, May 5th. And my first appointment with Dr. Hay is on May 26th.

Current symptoms: I get a little heartburn and a little bit of an upset stomach from time to time, but nothing bad.

Current cravings: cheese toasties with peas, fruit salad

Current aversions: spaghetti sauce

My thoughts: God is AWESOME! He has taught us so much about faith and trust through everything we have been through. He has blessed us beyond words.

I am absolutely amazed at how quickly babies develop! I had no idea you could see the baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks along. How awesome is the creation process!

I am so excited! Bring on the morning sickness... I want to know my baby is busy growing in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment