Saturday, October 24, 2009

32 Weeks (Mom)


32 Weeks

Pregnancy Observations: Pregnancy has this magical effect on people around you... it makes everyone really friendly and eager to help! Strangers strike up conversations with me everywhere I go these days. I've had offers to let me cut in line at grocery stores, people holding elevators, strangers offering to help me carry things, etc. This is something that I think I will really miss. :)

I'm quickly learning how to ask for help. This has been challenging for me in a lot of ways. I like being able to do everything for myself. It's humbling to have to ask someone to get something off of a shelf because I shouldn't be on a step ladder, or asking someone to carry something that normally I wouldn't have a problem with. But the fact of the matter is, it is getting difficult to do some of my every day things and I do need the help. I'm thankful to have so many people around me that understand this and completely insist on doing things for me. Like at work yesterday, I was just asking people to walk papers around the office for me because my ankles were hurting and swollen and I wanted to stay in my chair with my feet up as much as possible. And Paul took me for a walk through our neighborhood the other night and it took us twice as long as it usually does because I just can't move very fast! haha

I'm still feeling great... just moving a lot slower and having some soreness and swelling. Things I can totally deal with! But it makes me even more eager for our little boy to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment