Monday, December 14, 2009

39 and a half weeks (Mom)

We never thought I’d still be pregnant at this point, but here I am, still pregnant and still at work. I’m doing alright though. I’m a little uncomfortable and it’s hard to move around, but other than that I feel really good! But the waiting is taking its toll on me because of the concern over complications. The more time that goes by, the larger the baby gets and the more worried I become about being able to deliver him naturally. The doctors have been great at letting us play it by ear up till this point, and encouraging us to try to do things the way we would prefer to. But even I am starting to get anxious about it now. I just don’t want to make a bad decision that could affect the wellbeing of my son’s life, and the fear increases with each day that passes with no sign of his arrival. I would much rather deal with recovering from a c-section than living with making a bad decision. I go back to the doctor again tonight and am meeting with the last doctor in the practice that I have not seen before. I’m hoping that he will offer us some guidance, or better yet miraculously tell us that we have some progress and can go to the hospital right away to induce!

Work has gotten very boring for me this last week or so. Don’t get me wrong, I am VERY appreciative of the low stress levels that I have these days. Everyone has been absolutely wonderful at letting me ease my way out of doing my regular duties here. Not to mention that they have all been very encouraging and sympathetic as well. But I do feel a little strange being here and not really doing much. I would use vacation time and just go home and work on stuff around the house, but I really need to save all the time I have for my maternity leave. So here I am!

Paul and I have been quite the anti-socialites lately. We have opted to stick with activities that keep us within 30 minutes of the hospital. We have also made sure to do LOTS of relaxing. We have been going to bed early, waking up late and taking lots of naps on the weekends. I think this is something we will greatly appreciate having done once the baby arrives. Paul has also put a new plan in place to keep me cheerful, where every third day that the baby hasn’t come, then Paul and I get to have a date night of some sort. This weekend we went to see the new Disney movie The Princess and the Frog at the theater. It’s been a fun way to take some of the anxiety off of us. And it keeps Paul and I very close which will be a great way to start our life as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment