Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Appointment and H1N1 vaccine

My appointment last night went pretty well. I met with the final doctor in the practice and he was of the same opinion as the last two... that we can wait this out and should be able to deliver naturally. This made me feel a lot more relaxed. After measuring and feeling my belly, this doctor thinks our boy is just approaching the 9 pound mark now. This is both a relief (I've been afraid that he was already 10 pounds) and also terrifying (for obvious reasons). I still have no progress, of course, but we all know that can change at any time. Our next appointment is scheduled for Monday, when they will also do a stress test since I'll be past my due date at that point, just to make sure baby is doing okay.

Ah the H1N1 flu shot. For a long time I was set against getting it because I was afraid of side effects and because it hadn't been tested very well. But after knowing several people that have had this flu and were miserable, Paul and I decided that maybe it would be a good idea to go ahead and get it. Besides the shot being recommended for pregnant women, it has been pushed towards caretakers and guardians of infants under the age of 6 months. So I found a Walgreen's out by our house that was distributing them today and Paul and I took early lunches and met there at 11:15. Turns out, we were just in time. We got two of the last four vaccines that they had. Whew! We were there for over an hour, but at least they had a place to sit and nice people working there. I think we're both relieved to have that taken care of.

I love the holidays. So many yummy cookies and goodies around the office! I think I'll go have another sugar cookie (because this baby isn't already big enough)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment