Thursday, September 3, 2009

25 Weeks - Basement, Collision & Daycare (Mom)

It has been an interesting 25th week. Our basement flooded over the weekend, and I'm afraid that Dad had to do most of the work getting it cleaned up. I did help carry some of the lighter stuff out to the garage and then took stuff out of boxes and laid it out to dry. Thankfully it is now completely dried out and we got a brand new sump pump covered by our home warranty.

On Tuesday, I got into a minor fender bender getting onto 88 on my way to work. It shook me up of course, but I was able to slow down a lot before I hit the car in front of me, so the damages were minor and there was never really a concern for injury to the baby, myself or the other driver. We are very thankful for that.

Yesterday we checked out our first daycare, La Petite Academy. The facility itself was very nice looking, very clean, and close to our house. The staff all seemed very friendly and attentive to the children. And they had a very good security system. But the tour was a little lacking in that the woman spent maybe 5 minutes telling us about the place and then just asked if we had any questions. As this was the top place on my list, I was a little disappointed that they didn't have a more organized approach at giving tours. We're going to check out a few more places before we make any sort of decisions.

According to our 25 week email update, the baby weighs in about the size of a rutabaga this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment